Tuesday 15 March 2011

Random thought for the day

So before I head out to my studio for the day, I thought I'd leave you with a question that I've often asked myself.  (I hope you can follow this train of thought)
Ok so we all know what colour is, and we all know the names of the colours - well the basic ones anyway, for most of us.  We all know when someone talks about something Red what colour they are talking about.  Following me so far I hope
Now, what if the colour we see with our eyes and call red isn't the same as the colour someone else sees?  They still call it red because that's what they've been taught to call red, but what if what they see is what we'd call blue, or grey or green? We could all be going round seeing the world in different colours... If only we could see through someone else's eyes we could find out!
Random thought over

No comments:

Post a Comment